Skip to content
Awards and Honors
- National Academy of Engineering (elected 2017)
- INFORMS Section on Location Analysis Lifetime Achievement Award in Location Analysis (2014)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers David F. Baker Award Distinguished Research Award (2014)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers Joint Publishers Book of the Year Award (2011)
- George E. Kimball Medal, INFORMS (2009)
- Clyde W. Johnson Collegiate Professorship, College of Engineering, University of Michigan (January, 2010 – December, 2009)
- Walter P. Murphy Professor, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Northwestern University (September, 2007-December, 2009)
- Bette and Neison Harris Professor of Teaching Excellence, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Northwestern University (September, 2006-August, 2007)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers Fellow Award (2006)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers Fred C. Crane Award for Distinguished Service (2005)
- INFORMS Fellow Award (2004)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers Technical Innovation in Industrial Engineering Award (2001)
- Adviser of the Year, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science, (1998-99)
- Graduate Teaching Award, Student INFORMS Chapter, IE/MS Department (1999)
- Listed in Who’s Who in America (1996-present) and Who’s Who in American Education
- Fulbright Research Award (1989-1990)
- Burlington Northern Foundation Faculty Achievement Award (1985).
- Association of American Geographers, Applied Geography Citation Award (1985) (with others).
- National Science Foundation Presidential Young Investigator Award (1984).
- The Institute of Management Sciences, College on the Practice of Management Science, Edelman Achievement Finalist Award (1984) (with others).
- National Science Foundation Fellowship (September 1974-May 1978).
- Sigma Xi
- Tau Beta Pi